The Abraham Lincoln Motel is a family owner operated motel renowned for country hospitality and personalised service.
We have fifteen spacious ground floor units situated on large grounds set amongst well maintained lawns and rose gardens, which are a highlight when all out in flower.
Named after possibly the most famous of all American Presidents the Abraham Lincoln Motel is not only unique by name, but also the way it was constructed.
With two parallel rows of units located behind the main residence and reception, the layout means rooms are located well off the highway.
Due to the units being built at different levels they are much lower than the roadway and guests can experience a quiet and comfortable nights rest, as much of the road noise is dissipated over the top.
Constructed with a distinct easterly aspect, guests can sit out the front of their rooms in winter and enjoy the warm sunshine in the mornings and in summer have the benefit of complete shade to enjoy the cool outside in the evenings after a long day on the road.
*Consistently Ranked #2 Motel in Tamworth on Tripadvisor!*
- Free Courtesy Bus to Local Clubs
- Rooms serviced daily
- Free WiFI all areas
- Facsimile and photo-copying available at reception
- Iron and ironing board
- Free Guest laundry
- Free use of swimming pool and BBQ
- Close proximity to the Powerhouse Hotel, Quest and Best Western Sanctuary Inn Conference and Function Centres
- All vehicle parking is Free and Secure on-site off the Main Highway.
- Parking is nose first in front of all rooms in either the front or back row of units, No Reverse Parking is allowed due to safety factors.
- A large secure and safe parking area is available adjacent to the lower row of units for trailers, boats and small trucks and buses.
- The Abraham Lincoln Motel is conveniently located on the Armidale road side of Tamworth close to the CBD and directly opposite the Quality Powerhouse Hotel Apartments.
- Just set your GPS to 343 Armidale Road or 343 New England Highway East Tamworth. The motel is located just five minutes drive by taxi from the Tamworth Railway Station or just fifteen minutes drive from the Tamworth Regional Airport.
- The motel is just 10 minutes by car to the Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre (TRECC) and Equine and Livestock Centre (AELEC).
There are plenty of things to see and do during your stay around the region with the famous Country Music Festival staged every year in January, the Golden Guitar Statue and Visitors Centre, Equine and Livestock Centre, Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre, Endeavour Marsupial Park, Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum, Historic Calala Cottage, numerous Potteries and Galleries, Vineyards, Cinema’s, Ten Pin Bowling , Stock car and Go-Cart Racing at Oakburn Park, regular Horse and Harness Racing events, Thornys Putt Putt Golf and two excellent Golf Courses or just take a leisurely drive up to the Oxley Lookout where you get great views of the entire Tamworth region. For photos’ of the Tamworth Region follow this link: http://www.farina.com.au/page1/tamworth.html.
Our well appointed rooms are all non-smoking and offer you eco clean, comfortable facilities for your stay. Generous Queen size beds, split system air conditioning, ceiling fans, opening windows,electric blankets, 81cm flat screen high definition televisions with inbuilt DVD player, eight Foxtel satellite channels, telephone, Free WiFi, bar fridge, microwave ovens, jug, toaster, tea and coffee making facilities, breakfast crockery and cutlery, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, table and chairs are all standard features in our rooms.
Officially rated at a high 3.5 star quality by AAA Tourism the Abraham Motel is Consistently Ranked #2 Motel in Tamworth on Tripadvisor.
The units are set well back off the road and offer private and secure parking directly in front of your room. We also offer guests a safe and secure parking area for trailers, boats and small trucks on the lower level of the motel.
We offer traditional country style , reasonably priced breakfasts every day delivered directly to your room. Charge back facilities are also available from several close by quality restaurants should you wish to enjoy a pleasant evening meal. The Abraham Lincoln is also within close proximity to a myriad of fast food take-away restaurants including McDonald’s, Oporto, Subway, Red Rooster, the Country Chicken Shop and Hungry Jacks.
Relax around our crystal clear salt water pool or enjoy your breakfast or have a barbeque in our spacious poolside pergola.
Located just 1.3km from the centre of the Tamworth CBD, you can experience a day of shopping amongst an abundance of quality retail venues.
The Abraham Lincoln Motel is also conveniently located close to the Powerhouse Hotel, Quest and Best Western Sanctuary Inn Conference and Function Centres, so if you’re coming to Tamworth for a conference, business meeting, wedding or just a family function, we can offer you quality, clean and reasonably priced accommodation to meet your every need.